Welcome to Arthur I. Boreman Elementary
It is our belief that all children can learn. It is our mission to provide a well-rounded education for all students and to give each student the opportunity to achieve his/her highest potential in an appropriate educational setting.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING START OF 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
- Students who are sick should not attend school in-person.
- Students should not attend school if they have the following symptoms:
- One of these: new onset cough or shortness of breath by themselves OR;
- At least two of the following: fever (100.4ºF or higher), chills, muscle pain, sore throat, fatigue, congestion, loss of sense of smell or taste, or gastrointestinal symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea.
- If a person has a new symptom (for example, loss of smell only) with no other diagnosis to explain it, they should stay home and talk to their healthcare provider about testing for COVID-19, even if it is the only symptom they are experiencing.
- If a person is given an alternative diagnosis (e.g. strep throat, influenza, etc.) they should stay home from school following WVDE standard exclusion criteria for communicable diseases in schools. • If anyone in a child’s household (parent, grandparent, sibling, etc.) tests positive for COVID-19, the child will need to be kept home in quarantine for 14 days from the last day they may have been exposed to the family member with COVID-19.
- Parents, guardians, or caregivers, please conduct a home screening for symptoms prior to coming to school. If there are no symptoms, it doesn’t need to be reported. Parents should report any symptoms and close contact/potential exposure to your child’s school.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL YOUR SCHOOL NURSE WITH ANY QUESTIONS
Tyler County Schools Calendar
Beginning of School
The 1st day for students will be Tuesday, September 8th. In order for our students and staff to effectively transition back to the school setting it is important that we bring back students by grade level to get acclimated to new protocol and processes. The schedule is:
September 8th …………Grades 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 12 attend
September 10th …………Grades 1, 2,4,7,10,11 attend
September 11th …………All Students 1st -12th attend
September 14th …………Students in Kindergarten A Group attend only
September 15th …………Students in Kindergarten B Group attend only
September 17th …………All Kindergarten attend
*Pre-K teachers will contact parents about start dates for Pre-K students*
Holidays and Breaks / No School
November 3 – Election Day
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 23- 27- Thanksgiving Break
December 24-January 1- Christmas/New Year’s Break
January 18 – Martin Luther King Day
April 2-5 Spring Break
May 31 Memorial Day
June 3 Last day of School
Other Calendar Notes
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday ( In Person Instruction) Wednesday (Remote Learning)
- All days that we cancel school for inclement will become remote learning days for students. This will allow Tyler County Schools to keep June 3rd as the last day for students regardless of snow days. Inclement weather days students will receive instruction just like they do on remote learning Wednesdays.
- Graduation will be May 20th, 2021